Saturday, February 23, 2008

Wildflowers coming soon!

We went for a family hike on the waterfall trail today. Gorgeous weather, about 70 degrees at the most, blue skies. Lots of people on the trail, of course.

There were so many green plants and weeds everywhere! This will be a great wildflower season, I think. We saw some flowers today, actually. A few Mexican gold poppies, and even fewer fiddlenecks and scorpionweeds.

In a few weeks, I'll start taking my camera out to capture the flowers.

3 comments:

Sally Datria said...

Is there an actual waterfall on the trail?? Where is this trail?? I'd love to hike it and see the flowers soon!!

Hiker Chick said...

Yes, Sally, there is a waterfall. It's in the White Tank Mountains. The trail is called the Waterfall Canyon Trail. There's a mere trickle right now, but if we get some more rain, who knows? And I saw some GORGEOUS wildflowers there two springs ago, on that trail and the Black Rock Loop Trail.

Sally Datria said...

Oh I think I've actually been there once but we went mid summer and it was just a mosquito pool at that point!! LOL!!

We hiked the back side of Thunderbird this morning and it was gorgeous!! Only a few flowers out but I took some pic's and posted them on my blog.

www.sdatriasblog.blogspot.com